October 17, 2011

Start a St. Jude Novena

St. Jude
Some claim that St. Jude's patronage of desperate causes stems from a story asserting that he went to Edessa (now known as Sanilurfa in present-day Turkey) to preach the message of Christ.  While there he healed a prince named Agbarus who had been struggling with a very difficult and incurable disease.

If you have a devotion to St. Jude, or would like to try asking for his intercession for a problem, consider joining the group over at "Pray More Novenas" for a St. Jude Novena.  The group will start the novena on October 19, completing it the day before the feast of St. Jude (October 28).

Or, you can do a St. Jude Novena any time you want by asking him for nine consecutive days to pray for a special intention of yours.  You can make up your own novena prayer, or use this traditional one ...


St. Jude Novena

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude,
faithful servant and friend of Jesus,
the Church honors and invokes you universally,
as the patron of difficult cases,
of things almost despaired of,
Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.

Intercede with God for me that
He bring visible and speedy help
where help is almost despaired of.
Come to my assistance in this great need
that I may receive the consolation
and help of heaven in all my
necessities, tribulations, and sufferings,
particularly  


(make your request here)

… and that I may praise God with you
and all the saints forever.

I promise, O Blessed St. Jude,
to be ever mindful
of this great favor granted me by God
and to always honor you
as my special and powerful patron,
and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...